Friday 27 April 2012

FOURTH SUNDAY OF EASTER - YEAR B, APRIL 29, 2012


Saturday, April 28, 2012
Fourth Sunday of Easter - Year B





5:30 pm   Novena to Our Lady
6:00 pm   Mass in English














Register as Members to support this Church website by clicking the "Join this site" below





First Reading
ACTS 4:8-12
PETER's Testimony

8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, addressed them, 'Rulers of the people, and elders!
9 If you are questioning us today about an act of kindness to a cripple and asking us how he was healed,
10 you must know, all of you, and the whole people of Israel, that it is by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, and God raised from the dead, by this name and by no other that this man stands before you cured.  11 This is the stone which you, the builders, rejected but which has become the cornerstone. Only in him is there salvation;  12 for of all the names in the world given to men, this is the only one by which we can be saved.'

"The Word of the Lord"



PSALM 118:1, 8-9, 21-23, 26, 28-29
Praise to God for His Everlasting Mercy

1 Alleluia! Give thanks to Yahweh for he is good, for his faithful love endures for ever.  8 It is better to take refuge in Yahweh than to rely on human beings;
9 better to take refuge in Yahweh than to rely on princes.  21 I thank you for hearing me, and making yourself my Saviour.
22 The stone which the builders rejected has become the cornerstone;  23 This is Yahweh's doing, and we marvel at it.  26 Blessed in the name of Yahweh is he who is coming! We bless you from the house of Yahweh.  28 You are my God, I thank you, all praise to you, my God. I thank you for hearing me, and making yourself my Saviour.  29 Give thanks to Yahweh for he is good, for his faithful love endures for ever.


Second Reading
1 JOHN 3:1-2
God's children

1 You must see what great love the Father has lavished on us by letting us be called God's children -- which is what we are! The reason why the world does not acknowledge us is that it did not acknowledge him.
2 My dear friends, we are already God's children, but what we shall be in the future has not yet been revealed. We are well aware that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he really is.

"The Word of the Lord"





Gospel Reading
JOHN 10:11-18
The Good Shepherd

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd lays down his life for his sheep.
12 The hired man, since he is not the shepherd and the sheep do not belong to him, abandons the sheep as soon as he sees a wolf coming, and runs away, and then the wolf attacks and scatters the sheep;  13 he runs away because he is only a hired man and has no concern for the sheep.  14 I am the good shepherd; I know my own and my own know me,  15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for my sheep.  16 And there are other sheep I have that are not of this fold, and I must lead these too. They too will listen to my voice, and there will be only one flock, one shepherd.  17 The Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again.  18 No one takes it from me; I lay it down of my own free will, and as I have power to lay it down, so I have power to take it up again; and this is the command I have received from my Father.

 "The Gospel of the Lord"


St. Joseph Church News:
1)  Today Good Shepherd Sunday (Vocation Sunday), special collection for Diocesan Seminarians.
2)  Mass for first Friday devotion and adoration on 4th May at 8.00pm in St. Joseph Church, Plentong.

Neophytes Mass at Sacred Heart Cathedral, JB
The mass for the newly baptized (from all the churches) will be celebrated by Rev. Bishop Paul Tan on the 27th May  Sun at 6.00 pm. All supporters are encouraged to attend.

Fr Ignatius Huan will be directing the weekend Embracing Our Psychological Shadow Retreat from May 11 - 13, 2012. For inquiries please call Mr. Francis Soh at 07-3871121 or Julie Chong at 016-6404588. The registration forms are available in the church office. Please register as soon as possible.


Valerie Jaques (MA in Psychology) is giving a One-day session - “ADDICTIONS
Date: May 20th Sun.        Venue: Majodi Centre, JB.
Fees: RM50.00 (Morning and evening coffee/tea as well as lunch provided)
For details please refer to the poster. The registration forms are available in the parish office.  For further inquiries please call Mr. Francis Soh (07-3871121), Ms. Angeline Gomez (012-7881515) or Fr. Norris Seenivasan (010-8984353).

About Pusat Kebajikan Good Shepherd
It is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation founded by the Good shepherd Sisters in 1960. Its primary focus is to work with women and girls experiencing crisis situations such as pregnancy, domestic violence and other forms of abuse. Its welfare services are located in KL, Ipoh and Sabah.  Website: http://www.pkgs.org.my  Help lines: KL: 016-3112667/Ipoh: 012-4621341 / KK: 019-5349044 / Sandakan: 013-5544775/ Tawau: 013-8544644.   Others please refer to notice board.

SKILL TRAINING OPPORTUNITY FOR SCHOOL LEAVERS
Some of these school leavers may not have the required results to  pursue studies in a college. At MONTFORT BOYS TOWN, are offer 9 skills courses training opportunity by which a youth can become a resourceful person. Please get more information from parish notice board or call 03- 55107692 or Web site: www.montfort.org.my

SPM Bible Knowledge
Form 5 students who are sitting for Bible Knowledge in SPM in 2012 are requested to call Mrs. Lourdes at 019-7552735.

2012 Catholic Marriage Preparation Weekend
Date: Friday 22nd June 6.30pm to Sunday 24th June 4.00pm 2012
Venue: Majodi Centre, Lot 2101, Jalan Masai Lama. Plentong. JB
Registration fee:RM250.00 per couple inclusive of lodging and food.
Closing Date: 07th June 2012
Please take note that stay~in is compulsory
Forms are available at the Parish Office.
Contact person: Feona Petrus (016-7222642)

No comments:

Post a Comment