Friday 6 April 2012

GOOD FRIDAY OF THE LORD'S PASSION - APRIL 06, 2012

Friday, April 06, 2012

Good Friday of the Lord's Passion

7:30 pm  Way of the Cross
8:00 pm  Good Friday of the Lord's Passion (Service)










First Reading
ISAIAH 52:13, 53:12

Behold, My Servant shall deal prudently; He shall be exalted and extolled and be very high.  Therefore, I will divide Him a portion with the great, and He shall divide the spoil with the strong, because He poured out His soul unto death, and He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

"The Word of the Lord"

PSALMS 31:2, 6, 12-13, 15-17, 25
The LORD a Fortress in Adversity

In You, O LORD, I put my trust; let me never be ashamed; deliver me in Your righteousness.  Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.  I am a reproach among all my enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and am repulsive to my acquaintances; those who see me outside flee from me.  I am forgotten like a dead man, out of mind;  I am like a broken vessel.  But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say, "You are my God."  My times are in Your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies, and from those who persecute me.  Make Your face shine upon Your servant; Save me for Your mercies' sake.  Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

Second Reading
HEBREWS 4:14-15 & 5:7-9

Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.  For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.  Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.  Who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.  An having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.

"The Word of the Lord"



Gospel Reading
JOHN 18:1, 19:42

When Jesus had spoken these words, He went out with His disciples over the Brook Kidron, where there was a garden which He and His disciples entered.  So there they laid Jesus, because of the Jews' Preparation Day, for the tomb was nearby.

"The Gospel of the Lord"

No comments:

Post a Comment