Wednesday 30 January 2013

4TH SUNDAY OF ORDINARY TIMES (YEAR C) – FEBRUARY 03, 2013


Saturday, February 02, 2013
4th Sunday of Ordinary Times – Year C

 

5:30 pm   Novena to Our Lady
6:00 pm   Mass in English

 

First Reading
JEREMIAH 1:4-5, 17-19

4 The word of Yahweh came to me, saying:
5 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you came to birth I consecrated you; I appointed you as prophet to the nations.'
17 'As for you, prepare yourself for action. Stand up and tell them all I command you. Have no fear of them and in their presence I will make you fearless.
18 For look, today I have made you into a fortified city, a pillar of iron, a wall of bronze to stand against the whole country: the kings of Judah, its princes, its priests and the people of the country.
19 They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you, Yahweh declares, to rescue you.'

“The Word of the Lord”

 
PSALMS 71:1-6, 15, 17

1 In you, Yahweh, I take refuge, I shall never be put to shame.
2 In your saving justice rescue me, deliver me, listen to me and save me.
3 Be a sheltering rock for me, always accessible; you have determined to save me, for you are my rock, my fortress.
4 My God, rescue me from the clutches of the wicked, from the grasp of the rogue and the ruthless.
5 For you are my hope, Lord, my trust, Yahweh, since boyhood.
6 On you I have relied since my birth, since my mother's womb you have been my portion, the constant theme of my praise.
15 My lips shall proclaim your saving justice, your saving power all day long.
17 God, you have taught me from boyhood, and I am still proclaiming your marvels.

 

Second Reading
1 CORINTHIANS 12:31, 13:13

31 Set your mind on the higher gifts. And now I am going to put before you the best way of all.
13 As it is, these remain: faith, hope and love, the three of them; and the greatest of them is love.

“The Word of the Lord”

 
Gospel Reading
LUKE 4:21-30

21 Then he began to speak to them, 'This text is being fulfilled today even while you are listening.'
22 And he won the approval of all, and they were astonished by the gracious words that came from his lips. They said, 'This is Joseph's son, surely?'
23 But he replied, 'No doubt you will quote me the saying, "Physician, heal yourself," and tell me, "We have heard all that happened in Capernaum, do the same here in your own country." '
24 And he went on, 'In truth I tell you, no prophet is ever accepted in his own country.
25 'There were many widows in Israel, I can assure you, in Elijah's day, when heaven remained shut for three years and six months and a great famine raged throughout the land,
26 but Elijah was not sent to any one of these: he was sent to a widow at Zarephath, a town in Sidonia.
27 And in the prophet Elisha's time there were many suffering from virulent skin-diseases in Israel, but none of these was cured -- only Naaman the Syrian.'
28 When they heard this everyone in the synagogue was enraged.
29 They sprang to their feet and hustled him out of the town; and they took him up to the brow of the hill their town was built on, intending to throw him off the cliff,
30 but he passed straight through the crowd and walked away.

“The Gospel of the Lord”


Holy Father’s Prayer Intention

General: That migrant families, in particular mothers, may be sustained and accompanied in their difficulties.

Mission: That peoples experiencing war and conflicts may be the protagonists in the building of a future of peace.

 
St Joseph Plentong Church News

Saturday 9th February 2013 (Chinese New Year Eve), the Sunset Mass will be as usual at 6.00pm

Sunday 10th February 2013 (1st Day of Chinese New Year) there will be only one Multilingual Mass at 9.00am.

As it is the practice of this Parish, parishioners are encouraged to give offerings of oranges for distribution during the Chinese New Year. You may contribute in cash or kind. We also welcome contribution for flowers too. Thank you for your generosity.

For February 2013 – Infant Baptism will be held this Sunday after the 8:00 am Mass and 11:00 am before the BM Mass.

 

Ash Wednesday – 13th February 2013
There will be a multi-lingual Mass at 8.00pm. It is a day of fast and abstinence. Imposition of ash will ONLY be conducted on this day.

 
RITE OF ELECTION
Date : February 16, 2013
Time : 3:00 pm
Venue : Church of Immaculate Conception, Johor Bahru
There are 181 candidates

 
Retreat by Fr. Ignatius Huan – Letting Go, Letting Be & letting Grow:
Venue: St John Vianney Retreat House, Majodi Centre
Date:   March 1st to 3rd, 2013
Contribution: RM160 per Person for Single Room
                     RM140 Per Person for two beds sharing Room
Contact: Francis Soh (07-3871121/012-754 0037)
Email: francisoh@majodi.org / retreat@majodi.org
Closing date: 24 February 2013

 
TRAINING CUM FORMATION FOR PRE-MARRIAGE PRESENTERS AND FOR NEW UPCOMING PRE-MARRIAGE PRESENTERS
Date & time: Saturday 20 April @ 2.00pm to
                     Sunday 21 April @ 4.00pm
Venue:         Good Shepherd Seminary, Melaka
Cost:            RM80-00 per couple    
Closing date: 14 April 2013

Formator and Program Facilitator:
Fr. Moses Lui and couple team.

 
CHOICE English KL 92 Weekend: 
Single Working Adults: Age 23-40 years old
Venue: Archdiocese Pastoral Center (APC)
           Jalan Robertson, Kuala Lumpur
Date: 8 March (7.00pm) to 10 March (7.00pm)
Cost:  RM130.00
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment