Tuesday 8 April 2014

PALM SUNDAY (YEAR A) - APRIL 13, 2014






Saturday, April 12, 2014
PALM Sunday – Year A


5:00 pm  Novena to Our Lady
5:30 pm  Sunset Mass in English



First Reading

ISAIAH 50:4-7

4 Lord Yahweh has given me a disciple's tongue, for me to know how to give a word of comfort to the weary. Morning by morning he makes my ear alert to listen like a disciple.
5 Lord Yahweh has opened my ear and I have not resisted, I have not turned away.
6 I have offered my back to those who struck me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; I have not turned my face away from insult and spitting.
7 Lord Yahweh comes to my help, this is why insult has not touched me, this is why I have set my face like flint and know that I shall not be put to shame.

“The Word of the Lord”



PSALMS 22:8-9, 17-20, 23-24

8 'He trusted himself to Yahweh, let Yahweh set him free! Let him deliver him, as he took such delight in him.'
9 It was you who drew me from the womb and soothed me on my mother's breast.
17 I can count every one of my bones, while they look on and gloat;
18 they divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.
19 Yahweh, do not hold aloof! My strength, come quickly to my help,
20 rescue my soul from the sword, the one life I have from the grasp of the dog!
23 'You who fear Yahweh, praise him! All the race of Jacob, honour him! Revere him, all the race of Israel!'
24 For he has not despised nor disregarded the poverty of the poor, has not turned away his face, but has listened to the cry for help.



Second Reading

PHILIPPIANS 2:6-11

6 Who, being in the form of God, did not count equality with God something to be grasped.
7 But he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, becoming as human beings are; and being in every way like a human being,
8 he was humbler yet, even to accepting death, death on a cross.
9 And for this God raised him high, and gave him the name which is above all other names;
10 so that all beings in the heavens, on earth and in the underworld, should bend the knee at the name of Jesus
11 and that every tongue should acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

“The Word of the Lord”



Gospel Reading
MATTHEW 26:14-27

14 Then one of the Twelve, the man called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests
15 and said, 'What are you prepared to give me if I hand him over to you?' They paid him thirty silver pieces,
16 and from then onwards he began to look for an opportunity to betray him.
17 Now on the first day of Unleavened Bread the disciples came to Jesus to say, 'Where do you want us to make the preparations for you to eat the Passover?'
18 He said, 'Go to a certain man in the city and say to him, "The Master says: My time is near. It is at your house that I am keeping Passover with my disciples." '
19 The disciples did what Jesus told them and prepared the Passover.
20 When evening came he was at table with the Twelve.
21 And while they were eating he said, 'In truth I tell you, one of you is about to betray me.'
22 They were greatly distressed and started asking him in turn, 'Not me, Lord, surely?'
23 He answered, 'Someone who has dipped his hand into the dish with me will betray me.
24 The Son of man is going to his fate, as the scriptures say he will, but alas for that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! Better for that man if he had never been born!'
25 Judas, who was to betray him, asked in his turn, 'Not me, Rabbi, surely?' Jesus answered, 'It is you who say it.'
26 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had said the blessing he broke it and gave it to the disciples. 'Take it and eat,' he said, 'this is my body.'
27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he handed it to them saying, 'Drink from this, all of you,

“The Gospel of the Lord”



TIME TABLE FOR MULTILINGUAL MASSES DURING HOLY WEEK

Maundy Thursday, April 17, 2014
Multilingual Mass @ 8:00 pm

Good Friday, April 18, 2014
Multilingual - Stations and Service @ 7:30 pm

Easter Vigil, April 19, 2014
Multilingual Mass @ 8:30 pm

Easter Sunday, April 20, 2014
Multilingual Mass @ 9:00 am


St Joseph Feast Day will be celebrated on May 01, 2014 (Thursday)
Multilingual Mass @ 9:00 am followed by Fellowship
 



No comments:

Post a Comment