Thursday 17 March 2016

PALM SUNDAY (YEAR C) – MARCH 20, 2016







Saturday, March 19, 2016
PALM SUNDAY – Year C


5:00 pm  Novena to Our Lady
5:30 pm  Sunset Mass in English



First Reading
Isaiah 50:4-7

4 Lord Yahweh has given me a disciple's tongue, for me to know how to give a word of comfort to the weary. Morning by morning he makes my ear alert to listen like a disciple.
5 Lord Yahweh has opened my ear and I have not resisted, I have not turned away.
6 I have offered my back to those who struck me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; I have not turned my face away from insult and spitting.
7 Lord Yahweh comes to my help, this is why insult has not touched me, this is why I have set my face like flint and know that I shall not be put to shame.

“The Word of the Lord”



PSALMS 22:8-9, 17-18, 19-20, 23-24

8 'He trusted himself to Yahweh, let Yahweh set him free! Let him deliver him, as he took such delight in him.'
9 It was you who drew me from the womb and soothed me on my mother's breast.
17 I can count every one of my bones, while they look on and gloat;
18 they divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.
19 Yahweh, do not hold aloof! My strength, come quickly to my help,
20 rescue my soul from the sword, the one life I have from the grasp of the dog!
23 'You who fear Yahweh, praise him! All the race of Jacob, honour him! Revere him, all the race of Israel!'
24 For he has not despised nor disregarded the poverty of the poor, has not turned away his face, but has listened to the cry for help.



Second Reading
Philippians 2:6-11

6 Who, being in the form of God, did not count equality with God something to be grasped.
7 But he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, becoming as human beings are; and being in every way like a human being,
8 he was humbler yet, even to accepting death, death on a cross.
9 And for this God raised him high, and gave him the name which is above all other names;
10 so that all beings in the heavens, on earth and in the underworld, should bend the knee at the name of Jesus
11 and that every tongue should acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

“The Word of the Lord”



Gospel Reading
Luke 22:14-23, 56

14 When the time came he took his place at table, and the apostles with him.
15 And he said to them, 'I have ardently longed to eat this Passover with you before I suffer;
16 because, I tell you, I shall not eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.'
17 Then, taking a cup, he gave thanks and said, 'Take this and share it among you,
18 because from now on, I tell you, I shall never again drink wine until the kingdom of God comes.'
19 Then he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, 'This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.'
20 He did the same with the cup after supper, and said, 'This cup is the new covenant in my blood poured out for you.
21 'But look, here with me on the table is the hand of the man who is betraying me.
22 The Son of man is indeed on the path which was decreed, but alas for that man by whom he is betrayed!'
23 And they began to ask one another which of them it could be who was to do this.
56 and as he was sitting there by the blaze a servant-girl saw him, peered at him, and said, 'This man was with him too.'


“The Gospel of the Lord”

No comments:

Post a Comment