Friday 7 June 2013

10TH SUNDAY OF ORDINARY TIME (YEAR C) – JUNE 09, 2013



Saturday, June 08, 2013 
10th Sunday of Ordinary Time – Year C


5:30 pm  Novena to Our Lady 
6:00 pm  Mass in English


First Reading 
1 KINGS 17:17-24

17 It happened after this that the son of the mistress of the house fell sick; his illness was so severe that in the end he expired.
18 And the woman said to Elijah, 'What quarrel have you with me, man of God? Have you come here to bring my sins home to me and to kill my son?'
19 'Give me your son,' he said and, taking him from her lap, he carried him to the upper room where he was staying and laid him on his bed.
20 He cried out to Yahweh, 'Yahweh my God, by killing her son do you mean to bring grief even to the widow who is looking after me?'
21 He stretched himself on the child three times and cried out to Yahweh, 'Yahweh my God, may the soul of this child, I beg you, come into him again!'
22 Yahweh heard Elijah's prayer and the child's soul came back into his body and he revived.
23 Elijah took the child, brought him down from the upper room into the house, and gave him to his mother. 'Look,' Elijah said, 'your son is alive.'
24 And the woman replied, 'Now I know you are a man of God and the word of Yahweh in your mouth is truth itself.'

“The Word of the Lord”


PSALMS 30:2,4-6, 10-12

2 Yahweh, my God, I cried to you for help and you healed me.
4 Make music for Yahweh, all you who are faithful to him, praise his unforgettable holiness.
5 His anger lasts but a moment, his favour through life; In the evening come tears, but with dawn cries of joy.
6 Carefree, I used to think, 'Nothing can ever shake me!'
10 Listen, Yahweh, take pity on me, Yahweh, be my help!
11 You have turned my mourning into dancing, you have stripped off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy.
12 So my heart will sing to you unceasingly, Yahweh, my God, I shall praise you for ever.



Second Reading 
GALATIANS 1:11-19

11 Now I want to make it quite clear to you, brothers, about the gospel that was preached by me, that it was no human message.
12 It was not from any human being that I received it, and I was not taught it, but it came to me through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
13 You have surely heard how I lived in the past, within Judaism, and how there was simply no limit to the way I persecuted the Church of God in my attempts to destroy it;
14 and how, in Judaism, I outstripped most of my Jewish contemporaries in my limitless enthusiasm for the traditions of my ancestors.
15 But when God, who had set me apart from the time when I was in my mother's womb, called me through his grace and chose
16 to reveal his Son in me, so that I should preach him to the gentiles, I was in no hurry to confer with any human being,
17 or to go up to Jerusalem to see those who were already apostles before me. Instead, I went off to Arabia, and later I came back to Damascus.
18 Only after three years did I go up to Jerusalem to meet Cephas. I stayed fifteen days with him
19 but did not set eyes on any of the rest of the apostles, only James, the Lord's brother.

“The Word of the Lord”



Gospel Reading
LUKAS 7:11-17

11 It happened that soon afterwards he went to a town called Nain, accompanied by his disciples and a great number of people.
12 Now when he was near the gate of the town there was a dead man being carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a considerable number of the townspeople was with her.
13 When the Lord saw her he felt sorry for her and said to her, 'Don't cry.'
14 Then he went up and touched the bier and the bearers stood still, and he said, 'Young man, I tell you: get up.'
15 And the dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him to his mother.
16 Everyone was filled with awe and glorified God saying, 'A great prophet has risen up among us; God has visited his people.'
17 And this view of him spread throughout Judaea and all over the countryside.

“The Gospel of the Lord”




HOLY FATHER’S PRAYER INTENTION
General: That those who administer justice will always act with integrity and upright conscience.
Mission: That Seminarians, especially from mission Churches, may always be pastors according to the heart of Christ, fully devoted to the proclamation of the Gospel.

PARISH NEWS

Catechism Classes:  There will be no catechism classes from 25th May, 2013 to 8th June, 2013. Classes will resume on June 15, 2013.

Marriage: Please see the Parish Priest at least six months before your wedding date. The Roman instruction states that there are to be no weddings on Sundays as it is the Lord’s Day.

Infant Baptism: Baptism will be conducted on the 1st Sunday of the month. Kindly submit the baptism form together with a Photostat copy of the child’s birth certificate to the Parish Office at least a week before the baptism date. Forms can be taken from the Parish Office.


BEC REFLECTIONS FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE, 2013

12 June, 2013  Julie Heng (E)  15, Jalan Dedap 16, Taman Johor Jaya. 07-3545772

16 June, 2013  Mdm. Quek (M)  24, Jalan Rosmerah 4/3, Taman Johor Jaya 07-3538707


RCIA
Is God calling you?
Or interested to know more about what Catholics believe?
About Jesus, the sacraments and about salvation?
The Church of St Joseph invites you to our new R.C.I.A journey that commences on the 10th June 2013 from 8 -10pm and subsequently on every Monday.   Jesus says " Come and See" - John 1:46

Kindly contact: The Parish Priest: 019-213 0794
                         Parish Office: 607-386 3061
Mandarin Group: Ms Lillian Tey: 012-713 1994
                            Mr. Francis Tan: 012-737 3506
English Group:    Mr. Damien: 016-787 5781
Bahasa Group:    Ms. Germaine


GAWAI FESTIVAL                                                
There will be no BM Mass on 30th June 2013 as the Gawai Festival will be celebrated in Majodi Centre. All are welcome to join this festival.


RCIA
All adults who have not been confirmed, kindly attend the briefing on
Date: 3rd – 4th of August, 2013
Time: 2:30 pm on 3rd August, 2013 and end at 1:00 pm on 4th August, 2013
Venue: Majodi Centre


MARRIAGE PREPARATION
Marriage Preparation Weekend
Date & Time: Friday 21st June 6.30pm to
                      Sunday 23 June 4.00pm
Venue:           Pusat Majodi
Cost:              RM250 per couple
Closing date: 2 June 2013


SILENT RETREAT “COME TO THE QUIET”
Sr. Florence Wong, is a member of the Franciscan of the Divine Motherhood will be directing a Silent Retreat “Come To The Quiet”
Date: June 21-23, 2013 (Fri to Sun)
Venue: St John Vianney Retreat House, Majodi.
Payment at RM160.00 per person for Single room and RM140.00 per person for two beds sharing room.
For further information, please call Mr. Francis Soh 07-3871121 / 012-7540037 or Julie Chong 016-6404588,
Josephine Fernandez 019-7255454 or Cecilia Quek 016-7829651.


HEALING OUR EMOTIONS AND LIFE'S HURTS
A two nightly session by Renowned  Speaker Rev. Fr. Matthew Linn sj
from Minnesota USA
Purpose of the session: to support personal growth by this process of integration so as to empower us to heal our personal and social wounds and discover our unique gifts by carrying out the special purpose of our lives finding the presence of God in all things.
Date: Monday 8 July 2013 (8.00pm to 10.00pm) Part 1
         Tuesday 9 July 2013 (8.00pm to 10.00pm) Part 2
Venue: Pastorial Institute, Majodi Centre, Johor Bahru
Fee:      RM30 per person
Closing date for registration: 16 June 2013
Contact Person: Feona Petrus @ 016-7222642


EDUCATION FUND
GOH LUM ENG EDUCATION FUND OF THE CATHEDRAL OF THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS is pleased to award scholarships
to students in higher educational institutions. Open for application from 1st July to 31st July 2013. Application forms are
available at the Parish Office of the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart. Number of awards - Maximum - 4 persons. Date of award: 1st November 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment