Thursday 13 June 2013

11TH SUNDAY OF ORDINARY TIME (YEAR C) – JUNE 16, 2013



Saturday, June 15, 2013 
11th Sunday of Ordinary Time – Year C


5:30 pm  Novena to Our Lady 
6:00 pm  Mass in English



First Reading 
2 SAMUEL 12:7-10, 13

7 Nathan then said to David, 'You are the man! Yahweh, God of Israel, says this, "I anointed you king of Israel, I saved you from Saul's clutches,
8 I gave you your master's household and your master's wives into your arms, I gave you the House of Israel and the House of Judah; and, if this is still too little, I shall give you other things as well.
9 Why did you show contempt for Yahweh, by doing what displeases him? You put Uriah the Hittite to the sword, you took his wife to be your wife, causing his death by the sword of the Ammonites.
10 For this, your household will never be free of the sword, since you showed contempt for me and took the wife of Uriah the Hittite, to make her your wife."
13 David said to Nathan, 'I have sinned against Yahweh.' Nathan then said to David, 'Yahweh, for his part, forgives your sin; you are not to die.

“The Word of the Lord”


PSALMS 31:1-2, 5, 7, 11

1 [For the choirmaster Psalm Of David] In you, Yahweh, I have taken refuge, let me never be put to shame, in your saving justice deliver me, rescue me,
2 turn your ear to me, make haste. Be for me a rock-fastness, a fortified citadel to save me.
5 to your hands I commit my spirit, by you have I been redeemed. God of truth,
7 I will delight and rejoice in your faithful love! You, who have seen my misery, and witnessed the miseries of my soul,
11 The sheer number of my enemies makes me contemptible, loathsome to my neighbours, and my friends shrink from me in horror. When people see me in the street they take to their heels.



Second Reading 
GALATIANS 2:16, 19-21

16 have nevertheless learnt that someone is reckoned as upright not by practising the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ; and we too came to believe in Christ Jesus so as to be reckoned as upright by faith in Christ and not by practising the Law: since no human being can be found upright by keeping the Law.
19 In fact, through the Law I am dead to the Law so that I can be alive to God. I have been crucified with Christ
20 and yet I am alive; yet it is no longer I, but Christ living in me. The life that I am now living, subject to the limitation of human nature, I am living in faith, faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.
21 I am not setting aside God's grace as of no value; it is merely that if saving justice comes through the Law, Christ died needlessly.

“The Word of the Lord”



Gospel Reading 
LUKE 7:36, 8:3

36 One of the Pharisees invited him to a meal. When he arrived at the Pharisee's house and took his place at table,
3 Joanna the wife of Herod's steward Chuza, Susanna, and many others who provided for them out of their own resources.

“The Gospel of the Lord”




HOLY FATHER’S PRAYER INTENTION

General: That culture of dialogue, listening, and mutual respect may prevail among people.
Mission: That where secularization is strongest, Christian communities may effectively promote a new evangelization.


PARISH NEWS

Marriage: Please see the Parish Priest at least six months before your wedding date. The Roman instruction states that there are to be no weddings on Sundays as it is the Lord’s Day.

Infant Baptism: Baptism will be conducted on the 1st Sunday of the month. Kindly submit the baptism form together with a Photostat copy of the child’s birth certificate to the Parish Office at least a week before the baptism date. Forms can be taken from the Parish Office.


RCIA
Is God calling you?
Or interested to know more about what Catholics believe?
About Jesus, the sacraments and about salvation?
The Church of St Joseph invites you to our new R.C.I.A journey that commences on the 10th June 2013 from 8 -10pm and subsequently on every Monday.   Jesus says " Come and See" - John 1:46

Kindly contact: The Parish Priest: 019-213 0794
                         Parish Office: 607-386 3061
Mandarin Group: Ms Lillian Tey: 012-713 1994
                            Mr. Francis Tan: 012-737 3506
English Group:    Mr. Damien: 016-787 5781
Bahasa Group:    Ms. Germaine


GAWAI FESTIVAL                                               
There will be no BM Mass on Sunday, 30th June, 2013 as the Gawai Festival will be celebrated in Majodi Centre at 10:00 am. All are welcome to join this festival. Refreshment will be served.


BEC REFLECTIONS FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE
19/06/13       Kenneth Tan & Mary Kong
21, Jalan Kancil 8, Taman Scientex, Pasir Gudang, Johor   012-7130735
All are welcome to join in these reflections.


SILENT RETREAT “COME TO THE QUIET”
Sr. Florence Wong, is a member of the Franciscan of the Divine Motherhood will be directing a Silent Retreat “Come To The Quiet”
Date: June 21-23, 2013 (Fri to Sun)
Venue: St John Vianney Retreat House, Majodi.
Payment at RM160.00 per person for single room and RM140.00 per person for two beds sharing room.
For further information, please call Mr. Francis Soh 07-3871121 / 012-7540037 or Julie Chong 016-6404588, Josephine Fernandez 019-7255454 or Cecilia Quek 016-7829651.


DEEPENING OUR EXPERIENCE OF GOD IN THE ORDINARY
Brother Collin, a La Salle Brother will be directing a weekend Silent Retreat with the theme “Deepening Our Experience of God in the Ordinary”
Date:            July 12-14 2013 (Fri-Sun)
Venue:         St John Vianney Retreat House, Majodi
Fee:              RM210.00 per person for single room
                     RM190.00 per person for two beds sharing room
For more information please call: Francis Soh 012-7540037/073871121


CONFIRMATION WEEKEND SEMINAR FOR ADULTS
Date & Time:   Saturday 3rd August, 2013 @ 2:30 pm until
Sunday 4th August, 2013 @ 1:30 pm
Venue:      Pusat Majodi, 2101 Jalan Masai Lama, Plentong
Cost:          RM75.00 per pax (inclusive of meals, lodging etc)
Closing date:   July 24th, 2013


EDUCATION FUND
GOH LUM ENG EDUCATION FUND OF THE CATHEDRAL OF THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS is pleased to award scholarships to students in
higher educational institutions. Open for application from 1st July to 31st July 2013. Application forms are available at the Parish Office of the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart. Number of awards - Maximum - 4 persons. Date of award 1st November 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment