Saturday 9 February 2019

Liturgical  Readings  for :
Sunday,  10th  February,  2019

Today's  Readings:
Léachtaí  Gaeilge Scripture.

Theme Today  we  look  at  the  vocations  of  Isaiah,  Sts  Paul  and  Peter.  They  are  called  in  strange circumstances.  They  each  recognise  their  unworthiness,  but  have  the  assurance  that God  will  be  with  them.  Through  our  Baptism  we  also  are  called  to  build  God’s  kingdom. We should  fear  no  evil  for  the  Lord  is  with  us.

FIRST  READING:
A  reading  from  the  book  of  the  Prophet  Isaiah         

Here  I  am,  send  me. 6:1-8

In  the  year  of  King  Uzziah’s  death  I  saw  the  Lord  seated  on  a  high  throne;  his  train  filled the  sanctuary;  above  him  stood  seraphs,  each  one  with  six  wings.  And  they  cried  out  one  to  another  in  this  way, ‘Holy,  holy,  holy  is  the  Lord  of  hosts. His  glory  fills  the  whole  earth.’ The  foundations  of  the  threshold  shook  with  the  voice  of  the  one  who  cried  out  and  the Temple  was  filled  with  smoke.  I  said: ‘What  a  wretched  state  I  am  in!  I  am  lost, for  I  am  a  man  of  unclean  lips and  I  live  among  a  people  of  unclean  lips, and  my  eyes  have  looked  at  the  King,  the  Lord  of  hosts.’ Then  one  of  the  seraphs  flew  to  me,  holding  in  his  hand  a  live  coal  which  he  had  taken from  the  altar  with  a  pair  of  tongs.  With  this  he  touched  my  mouth  and  said: ‘See  now,  this  has  touched  your  lips, your  sin  is  taken  away, your  iniquity  is  purged. Then  I  heard  the  voice  of  the  Lord  saying: ‘Whom  shall  I  send?  Who  will  be  our  messenger?’ I  answered,  ‘Here  I  am,  send  me.

The  Word  of  the  Lord

******************************************
Responsorial  Psalm: Ps  137

Response:
Before  the  angels  I  will  bless  you,  O  Lord.

1.  I  thank  you,  Lord,  with  all  my  heart, you  have  heard  the  words  of  my  mouth. Before  the  angels  I  will  bless  you. I  will  adore  before  your  holy  temple.          Response

2.  I  thank  you  for  your  faithfulness  and  love which  excel  all  we  ever  knew  of  you. On  the  day  I  called,  you  answered; you  increased  the  strength  of  my  soul.      Response

3.  All  earth’s  kings  shall  thank  you when  they  hear  the  words  of  your  mouth. They  shall  sing  of  the  Lord’s  ways: ‘How  great  is  the  glory  of  the  Lord!’         
Response

4.  You  stretch  out  your  hand  and  save  me, your  hand  will  do  all  things  for  me. Your  love,  O  Lord,  is  eternal, discard  not  the  work  of  your  hand. 
Response 

******************************************
SECOND READING :     
A  reading  from  the  first  letter  of  St  Paul  to  the  Corinthians

I  preach  what  they  preach,  and  this  is  what  you  all  believed. 15:  3-8.  11

Brothers,  I  want  to  remind  you  of  the  gospel  I  preached  to  you,  the  gospel  that  you received  and  in  which  you  are  firmly  established  because  the  gospel  will  save  you  only if  you  keep  believing  exactly  what  I  preached  to  you  –  believing  anything  else  will  not lead  to    anything. Well  then,  in  the  first  place,  I  taught  you  what  I  had  been  taught  myself,  namely  that Christ  died  for  our  sins,  in  accordance  with  the  scriptures;  that  he  was  buried;  and  that he  was  raised  to  life  on  the  third  day,  in  accordance  with  the  scriptures;  that  he appeared  first  to  Cephas  and  secondly  to  the  Twelve.  Next  he  appeared  to  more  than five  hundred  of  the  brothers  at  the  same  time,  most  of  whom  are  still  alive,  though  some have  died;  then  he  appeared  to  James,  and  then  to  all  the  apostles;  and  last  of  all  he appeared  to  me  too;  it  was  as  though  I  was  born  when  no  one  expected  it.  but  what matters  is  that  I  preach  what  they  preach,  and  this  is  what  you  all  believed.

The  Word  of  the  Lord

******************************************
GOSPEL:
A  reading  from  the  holy  Gospel  according  to  Luke     
 
They  left  everything  and  followed  him. 5:  1-11

Jesus  was  standing  one  day  by  the  Lake  of  Gennesaret,  with  the  crowd  pressing  round him  listening  to  the  word  of  God,  when  he  caught  sight  of  two  boats  close  to  the  bank. The  fishermen  had  gone  out  of  them  and  were  washing  their  nets.  He  got  into  one  of  the boats-it  was  Simon’s-and  asked  him  to  put  out  a  little  from  the  shore.  Then  he  sat  down and  taught  the  crowds  from  the  boat. When  he  had  finished  speaking  he  said  to  Simon,  ‘Put  out  into  deep  water  and  pay  out your  nets  for  a  catch’.  ‘Master,’  Simon  replied  ‘we  worked  hard  all  night  long  and  caught nothing,  but  if  you  say  so,  I  will  pay  out  the  nets  for  a  catch.’  And  when  they  had  done this  they  netted  such  a  huge  number  of  fish  that  their  nets  began  to  tear,  so  they
signalled  to  their  companions  in  the  other  boat  to  come  and  help  them;  when  these came,  they  filled  the  two  boats  to  sinking  point. When  Simon  Peter  saw  this  he  fell  at  the  knees  of  Jesus  saying,  ‘Leave  me,  Lord;  I  am a  sinful  man.’  For  he  and  all  his  companions  were  completely  overcome  by  the  catch they  had  made;  so  also  were  James  and  John,  sons  of  Zebedee,  who  were  Simon’s partners.  But  Jesus  said  to  Simon,  ‘Do  not  be  afraid;  from  now  on  it  is  men  you  will catch’.  Then,  bringing  their  boats  back  to  land,  they  left  everything  and  followed  him.

The  Gospel  of  the  Lord

******************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment